Vibration therapy is not new to the scene, but it has grown in popularity because of the excellent benefits it can have for the right candidate. Chiropractors have used this method of therapy for a number of conditions and some patients even describe it as calming. You can use vibration therapy on the whole body, or just target the trouble spots where muscle soreness and injuries are being treated. Let’s take a look at how vibration therapy works and the benefits that many people get to enjoy.
How it works
The machines that cause the vibration will use adjustable frequencies and amplitudes. A chiropractor will be the one who adjusts these depending on your particular needs. The intensity will make a difference in the results you have, as well as the directions the vibrations occur in. The vibration machines that are for your whole body will allow you to sit, stand, or lay during the treatment. If you’re targeting specific areas, a handheld machine will be controlled by the chiropractor.
While there is still a lot of research being conducted on the advantages and extent of their reach, multiple studies have been conducted to show that chiropractic patients have seen some incredible benefits due to vibration therapy. Here’s a quick look at a few of those.
- Easing lower back pain: Lower back pain can be caused by multiple sources, from an accident, to repetitive motions, to straining your muscles from lifting incorrectly, and beyond. In fact, everyone at some point will have back pain or know someone who does. It’s one of the most common issues that chiropractic care treats. In extreme cases, it can be the only thing on the patient’s mind because the pain is so intense and sharp. Easing lower back pain is a primary goal and a chiropractor will know if vibration therapy is right for you.
- Encouraging good posture: You might not realize just how important your posture is to the health of your spine. Vibration therapy will work with your body to strengthen your muscles and improve your spine so that you can prevent injuries in the future.
- Increasing muscle mass: When you have the right amount of muscle mass, your body functions more efficiently while you’re working, sitting, sleeping, and sporting around. Vibration therapy protects and increases muscle mass, so you can take on your day with confidence.
- Improving circulation: Poor circulation can result in blood clots, high blood pressure, diabetes, and can cause restrictions in your blood flow to areas of the heart. It’s an aspect of our health that should be taken seriously, and using vibrations will help improve circulation and work to prevent future diseases and health issues.
- Reducing stress: While you might not think of vibration therapy for reducing stress, it gets the blood flow moving, and helps relieve anxiety.
- Increasing metabolism: As your heart rate increases during the treatments, you’ll see your metabolism increase. This can be especially helpful for people that aren’t able to get exercise on a regular basis or are currently in the process of losing weight and getting more active.
- Promoting bone density: As you age, your bone density tends to deteriorate, but vibration therapy can help. It promotes bone density and works to improve the overall health of your body.
When it comes to our chiropractic care services, you can expect us to listen to your individualized needs and goals. We know that each person is unique in how they feel, and in the experience they are going through, whether they have acute pain, chronic pain, or are working towards achieving their optimal health goals. We go through the process with you because we know that it takes time to reach the health that you’re striving for.
We’ll take your medical health history, family history, and other aspects of your lifestyle into account when deciding which chiropractic services will be the most effective for you. At your free consultation, we encourage you to ask questions, express concerns, and become more familiar with our friendly staff. We want you to be as comfortable as possible with our care, and we always strive to help you improve and enjoy each day.
Schedule an appointment today
If you have any questions about vibration therapy or think it might be right for you, then give us a call today and we’ll schedule an appointment that’s convenient for you. Customer satisfaction and your overall health is our top priority. We know that whether you struggle with an injury, or you are trying to better your health to have a long and happy life, it’s not easy to do it alone. That’s where we come in. Let us do our job, so you feel your best when you do yours.